Intex 4 Person Mariner Inflatable Boat Set
Intex 4 Person Mariner Inflatable Boat Set is versatile, light to medium duty boat. It can be used with motor mount kit with various trolling motors - boat have 400kg (880 pounds) weight capacity, so, plenty of room for electric trolling motor and deep cycle heavy duty battery and rest of the gear.
Intex 4 Person Mariner Inflatable Boat Set - Features and Specifications
According to the manufacturer, this boat comes with various features:
- Four-person raft measures 57x19x129 inches (W x H x D); 145x48x328 cm
- 880-pound (400kg) maximum weight limit
- Made of Super-Tough laminated vinyl that resists abrasion, impact and UV ray damage
- Heavy-duty extruded plastic flooring for comfort and rigidity
- Inflatable keel for improved control and handling
- Quick-fill, fast-deflate Boston valves
- Rotating oar locks and oar holders
- Two fishing rod holders
- Three inflatable seat cushions for comfort and support
- All-around grab line and rock guard
- Grab handle on each end of the boat for easy carrying
- Battery and gear pouches
- Motor mount fitting
- Certified by the National Marine Manufacturer's Association (NMMA) and U.S. Coast Guard I.D.
- Includes inflatable seats, repair patch kit, 54-inch (137cm) deluxe aluminum oars and high-output manual hand pump
Note: product include a limited 30-day manufacturer's warranty against defects in materials and workmanship - check warranty before buying, just to be sure.
Real life check:
- boat can accommodate 4 persons with ease. Two grownups with two kids and some fishing gear can fit easily. 880 pounds (400kg) is a very nice weight limit for such boat/raft.
- small 2 cycle outboard engine is more than enough - depending on the onboard weight, speed can be up to 5 mph. With 30 lbs trust trolling electric motor, speed is lower, but so is the noise. Good 200 Ah battery can power such trolling motor at full throttle for 5-6 hours, on lower speeds even more (these numbers vary, so always check your battery's ampere- and voltmeters).
- boat is not suitable for white water rafting. In fact, any branch or rock is huge enemy of your boat, since this is inflatable made from vinyl not some strong and tough material (and much more expensive material). Tip: avoid shallow waters, even with sandy bottom or you will become master in patching holes :-) If you do punch a hole in your bottom, boat will fill with water rather quickly, but it WILL NOT sink. Fishing hooks don't even notice plastic used for making this (and similar boats) - they simply go through. Tip: use fishing rods, forget handline fishing of any kind.
- if the wind is blowing and there are even very small waves, you will get wet if you are going into the wind and waves. If you move the weight to the rear (stern) of the boat to lift the nose (bow), can help a little bit, depending how much front of the boat (bow) is above the waves.
- the inflatable seats are great for kids, but for an adult, they are too low. Sitting on the tubes doesn't work too well either, since it is very hard to rotate around.
- be very careful about air pressure - over inflating the boat will ruin it very soon. For example, inflating the boat in the morning to the suitable pressure, means that that boat will be over inflated in the afternoon due to sun heat - be sure to bleed some air off your boat and it will last much longer.
Similar sized used boat made of hypalon (much much tougher material) costs at least 5 times more (in good shape, of course), but can withstand much more punishment on rocks and branches.
Long story short - this boat is highly recommended for anybody wanting good and reliable fishing inflating boat on calm waters, during nice weather, in waters with no hard obstacles. :)
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Intex 4 Person Mariner Inflatable Boat Set Amazon link (link opens in the new window).