American Fishing Wire - Monel Trolling Wire
American Fishing Wire Monel Trolling Wire is expensive, but very corrosion resistant, heavy fishing line, ideal for trolling in deep waters. Surface hardness of monel ensures that even a fish with sharp teeth and strong jaws will be landed easily.
Being a nickel copper alloy, monel is very dense material with density around 8.85 g/cm3 (depending on the exact alloy type) - it is denser than steel (around 7.8g/cm3).
This monel trolling fishing line comes with pros and cons:
- line material is not as flexible as copper lines, especially multi strand copper wires,
- single monel line is very abrasion and kink resistant and can even withstand shark teeth (unlike copper lines, especially fine copper strand wires that can be cut by sharp teeth after some fighting), but not as much as stainless steel wire,
- monel lines sink very well - just like copper lines and better than steel lines,
- monel lines are stronger than copper lines,
- monel lines are more expensive than copper lines.
American Fishing Wire Monel Trolling Wire comes in numerous test strengths (15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100 pounds) and lengths (300, 600 and 1000 feet). It is highly recommended to use baitcasting reels with monel lines and to avoid any kind of knots on the monel line.
Although relatively expensive, monel lines sink well and when trolling in deep waters, one doesn't need long lines to achieve required depth.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check American Fishing Wire Monel Trolling Wire Amazon link (link opens in the new window).