Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reels - Models Comparison
Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reel is high-quality and reasonably lightweight spinning reel ideal for inshore fishing. Shimano Stradic FK design is based on previous Shimano reels, but it is improved in several important details. Also, it comes in 5 different size models, suitable for many occasions.
Shimano Stradic FK spinning reels come with 6 ball bearings and 1 (one) roller bearing to provide smooth operation and accurate casting. Also, S A-RB bearings come with additional protection for improved operation over longer period of time in harsh conditions.
Other important features include:
- Hagane Gear: In order to make reel as durable as possible and to make it operate at certain level, thanks to Hagane Gear technology, metal parts are produced via cold forging, with no cutting involved. This eliminates weak spots and makes metal parts strong and durable.
- Hagane Body: reel's body is stiff and impact resistant, reducing flexing almost completely. This leads to higher efficiency of the reel itself.
- Super Stoper II: anti-reverse feature uses a one-way roller bearing which eliminates back-play, providing the fisherman with instant hook setting ability.
- X-Ship: better internal design and positioning of the gears and bearings, in combination with stiffer reel's body, lead to better performances even under heavier load.
- Aero Wrap II: reel is designed to wind the fishing line in improved manner to decrease line-to-line friction and to improve casting at longer distances.
- Power Roller II is line twist reduction system, helping to minimize unwanted twists and loops during casting.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forged Spool: cold forged aluminum is strong and resilient, leading to improved reliability and durability of the reel.
- Dyna-Balance: rotor and other moving parts of the reel are balanced to eliminate wobbling and vibrations during line retrieve.
- Fluidrive II: reel uses large polished master gear, increasing the efficiency of the reel.
- Propulsion Line Management System: spool lip is of new design, for increasing the casting distance even further. Also, new design prevents backlashes and wind knots from forming - of course, no system of such kind is 100% foolproof.
All these new features sound great, at least on the paper. Good thing is that in the real life, these reels have proven that although they are not the cheapest reels of this size (line capacity, weight), they are worth every single (euro)cent.
Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reel Models
At the moment, Shimano Stradic FK spinning reels come in 5 different sizes. They all come with reversible retrieve, 6 ball bearings and 1 roll bearing. Their specifications are given in the following table:
|Model||Line Retrieve Per Crank
|Mono Line Capacity
|PowerPro Line Capacity
|ST1000HGFK||31" (~78.7 cm)||2/270, 4/140, 6/110||10/95, 15/85, 20/65||7 (~3.17 kg)||6.0 : 1||6.9 (195.6 g)|
|ST2500HGFK||35" (~88.9 cm)||6/200, 8/140, 10/120||10/150, 15/145, 30/100||20 (~9.06 kg)||6.0 : 1||8.3 (235.3 g)|
|STC3000HGFK||35" (~88.9 cm)||6/230, 8/170, 10/140||10/200, 20/140, 40/105||20 (~9.06 kg)||6.0 : 1||8.3 (235.3 g)|
|ST4000XGFK||39" (~99.1 cm)||8/240, 10/200, 12/160||15/280, 30/170, 50/150||24 (~10.9 kg)||6.2 : 1||9.9 (280.7 g)|
|STC5000XGFK||41" (~104.1 cm)||10/240, 12/195, 14/165||20/220, 30/200, 40/160||24 (~10.9 kg)||6.2 : 1||11.3 (320.3 g)|
Personally, reels are designed for short, medium and long repeated casting and fast line retrieve. Line capacity is more than good enough for inshore fishing regardless if one uses mono or braids. For fishing in deeper waters, one should use braids only in order to spool enough line.
For more reviews and recommendations, check Shimano Stradic FK Spinning Reel Amazon link (link opens in the new window).