Minn Kota Endura C2 Electric Trolling Motors
Minn Kota Endura C2 is a group of very popular freshwater, transom-mount electric trolling motors, designed to be reliable and easy to use and maintain. Also, they come at very affordable prices with a 2-year limited warranty, making them some of the most popular electric trolling motors on the market.
Minn Kota Endura C2 group features electric trolling motors that differ in thrust, weight, shaft length, and similar, but they all share the same nominal battery voltage of 12 volts.
Features and Specifications
Minn Kota Endura C2 features models with 30, 40, 45, 50, and 55 pounds of thrust that come with 30, 36, and 42-inch long composite shafts.
The following comparison chart list the most important features and specifications of Minn Kota Endura C2 electric trolling motor models:
|Model||Endura C2 30||Endura C2 40||Endura C2 45||Endura C2 50||Endura C2 55|
|Max. Current Draw||30 Amps||42 Amps||42 Amps||50 Amps||50 Amps|
|Circuit Breaker||50 Amps||50 Amps||50 Amps||60 Amps||60 Amps|
|Speeds||5 Fw, 3 Rv||5 Fw, 3 Rv||5 Fw, 3 Rv||5 Fw, 3 Rv||5 Fw, 3 Rv|
|Telescopic Handle||Yes, 6 inches||Yes, 6 inches||Yes, 6 inches||Yes, 6 inches||Yes, 6 inches|
|Amazon Link||Minn Kota Endura C2 30||Minn Kota Endura C2 40||Minn Kota Endura C2 45||Minn Kota Endura C2 50||Minn Kota Endura C2 55|
Note: Amazon affiliate links open in the new windows, feel free to check them for more reviews and recommendations.
Minn Kota Endura C2 transom mount freshwater electric trolling motors are intended to power a broad range of small freshwater vessels, including small boats, inflatable, pontoon, kayaks, various rafts, and similar.
When looking for a model, consider your own needs and requirements, but always consider having a somewhat larger model, since some power reserve can come very handy in certain situations, like unexpected wind, currents, bad weather, and similar.
All Minn Kota Endura C2 feature:
- 6-inch (15 cm) telescopic handle, allowing the user very fine directional control,
- 8 speeds, 5 forward and 3 reverse speeds, which is typical for most models in this class. Having finer control would be great in certain situations, but it is OK.
- very quiet operation, thanks to the well-balanced design and energy-efficient motor,
- motor shaft is made from composite materials, allowing it to bend rather than to shatter when the prop or motor hits rocks or some other underwater object or obstacle. Although this feature is a great one to have, it should not be abused.
- power prop design is a balance between speed, required power, and thrust. Also, it is designed to slice through weed and other underwater vegetation, without causing high motor load.
To position the motor and prop properly in the water, each motor features adjustable depth and tilt.
Minn Kota Endura C2 models differ in several details, with the most important being thrust, maximum current, circuit breaker and length of shaft:
- Minn Kota Endura C2 30: 30 pounds of thrust, 30 Amps Max, 30-inch shaft,
- Minn Kota Endura C2 40: 40 pounds of thrust, 42 Amps Max, 36-inch shaft,
- Minn Kota Endura C2 45: 45 pounds of thrust, 42 Amps Max, 36-inch shaft,
- Minn Kota Endura C2 50: 50 pounds of thrust, 50 Amps Max, 36 and 42-inch shaft,
- Minn Kota Endura C2 55: 55 pounds of thrust, 50 Amps Max, 36 and 42-inch shaft.
Connecting Minn Kota Endura C2 to the Battery
Wire extension thickness depends on the maximum current and the length of wires - the thicker the cables, the lesser energy loses. However, too thick cables are often too stiff and massive for comfortable operation.
The following chart lists recommended wire extensions thicknesses depending on the trolling motor thrust and maximum current:
|Motor Thrust||Max. Amps||Circuit Breaker||5 ft||10 ft||15 ft||20 ft||25 ft|
|30 pounds||30 Amps||50 Amps||10 AWG||10 AWG||8 AWG||6 AWG||4 AWG|
|40 - 45 pounds||42 Amps||50 Amps||10 AWG||8 AWG||6 AWG||4 AWG||4 AWG|
|50 - 55 pounds||50 Amps||50 Amps||8 AWG||6 AWG||4 AWG||4 AWG||2 AWG|
As one can see, it is very important to keep the battery close to the motor and to use wire extensions as short as possible.
Recommended Battery For the Minn Kota Endura C2 Motor
Battery capacity depends on the motor model, trolling pace, required operating time, and similar.
While Minn Kota Endura C2 30 may be powered by 80-85 Ah battery for almost 2 hours, larger units require at least 140-150 Ah battery to be able to operate at full throttle for 2 or so hours.
However, electric trolling motors should not be used as the main means of propulsion - they are rarely designed for such use, and if shorter operating times are required, smaller batteries may be used.
Note: as the discharge current of the lead-acid battery is increased, so is its effective capacity decreased. On average, 100Ah battery may provide 55-65 Amps for one hour.
Long Story Short: If You are looking for a freshwater electric trolling motor for the kayak, small boat, pontoon or similar vessel, consider some of the Minn Kota Endura C2 models - they are very popular models due to their balanced design, ease of use and maintenance, reliable operation, etc.
Just be sure to thoroughly read the Owner's Manual when your new motor arrives.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check Minn Kota Endura C2 Electric Trolling Motors Amazon link (link opens in the new window).